First Post Spring 2021

 One person I'm very grateful to have met during my academic journey is Niall McCarthy because of the continuous help and guidance he gave me during my time at South Mountain Community College. I heard about the TRAIN program through an email that Niall had sent out. At the time I was still unsure of the career path I wanted to focus on so Niall helped me find internship opportunities in different areas of applied computing/technology to experiment and figure out what I want to do. I was able to get a glimpse of what a few different careers might be like and discover that I want to pursue a career in cybersecurity because of Niall.

The advice I would give to my younger self would be that its ok to not have everything figured out so early on. I was always stressed out because other students seemed so sure of their career goals but I felt lost. I just needed some experience to discover what my passions are. Things ended up working out and I didn't need to worry so much.

Comments