Blog Post 3

 1. What are your professional goals, 1 year, 5 years and 10 years into the future? What will accomplishing these goals let you do? How will accomplishing these goals impact those around you and what will it make possible for those in your community?

As far as my professional goals for the next year I'd like to get a cybersecurity internship or an entry level job in the tech industry like desktop support. In five years I'd like to be working in a cybersecurity focused role. Accomplishing these goals will give me financial stability which I can use to help my family. I could potentially protect people in my community from information security threats through working in cybersecurity.

2. What are societal challenges that matter to you that you think it's important to deal with now? What do you think are the challenges that will matter 10 years in the future, and 20 years in the future? How do you think these challenges will be addressed, and what will need to happen to make sure that they are?

Dealing with climate change is easily the most important challenge facing society right now most likely will be in the next 20 years as well. I think to properly address this issue we need to greatly reduce the incredible amount of emissions from production in corporations. This could be done by placing more restrictions on them and implementing more eco-friendly means of production.

3. What is something that makes you optimistic about the future, and why? This could be something big and impersonal (improving price of Li-ion batteries) or something small and personal (a new pet). Please describe how it feels to focus on this thing that makes you optimistic, and discuss whether you think it is a good idea to be intentional about being optimistic.

Something that makes me optimistic about the future is nearing the end of my education and getting closer to starting a career in my field. It feels like I've been in school forever and I'm almost ready to take the next step. I think it is a good idea to be intentional about being optimistic because I believe your mindset is big factor in achieving your goals. Having a negative mindset is likely to lead to negative outcomes.

Comments