Second Post

 1. What did you know about your field 3 years ago, and what have you learned about that has 'wowed' you? (Supplemental questions: What did you used to think was an advanced topic in your subject, and what do you think is now? What was the experience that you feel you learned the most from?)

Three years ago I was in community college pursuing a different career entirely. I was studying nursing but I had figured out that I didn't want to continue in that field so I started experimenting with some coding and graphic design courses because I had some interest in that. I had very basic knowledge of technology and the possible careers within in it at the time but I quickly learned a lot through these courses. I was amazed at the number of different roles that fall under the tech umbrella and how new jobs can be added as technology evolves. I liked the fact that you could sort of jump around and try on different hats as your skillset increases and that's why I decided to stick with it.

2. What do you want to learn about over the next 3 years? (Is it scientific or personal? Why do you want to learn it? How do you plan on developing this knowledge?)

Over the next three years I'd like to increase my overall knowledge in the field of cybersecurity because my knowledge at the moment is still surface level. I will also try to get some certifications like the CompTIA Security+ to help me secure a job.

Comments